Dunedin

Dunedin

Dienstag, 15. Februar 2011

Differences between Germany and New Zealand

Marie: We are in New Zealand for nearly 3 weeks now and of course I noticed some differences in comparison to Germany. So here is a list of some things, that I think are really interesting or different.



        New Zealand                                           Germany
    
    •    the windows are really thin      → we have normally bigger walls, 
         and the houses are colder             so that you don't hear what the   
    •    → the people use electric             person in the next room is saying
         blankets, which keep you            or doing
         warm when you are sleeping   → our houses are warmer
    •    you say 'Thank you'                 → we are not that friendly, the New
         whenever you leave e.g.               Zealanders  are really nice and
         the bus or class                             warmhearted
    •    the adds in the TV are              → adds between a movie are longer,
         sometimes quite disturbing           but we have less adds
         e.g. an add against drunken
         driving was really scary
    •    the main movies, dinner and  → you sleep longer on weekends and
         bedtime is an hour earlier            go to bed later
    •    on the streets are nearly no     → there are way too many signs, so
         signs  which say you where         that you can get really confused
         you need to go 


I am sure, that there are much more differences, but this is everything I noticed so far. I can't say that one country is better than the other, because I really like both. Maybe I will extend the list when   I am living here for a bit longer.

5 Kommentare:

  1. Sophiaa <3
    We miss you! You hopefully enjoy your stay :)
    Have fun!
    Julia ;*

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I miss you so much too!
    kisses, toni :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I agree with all of this! I'm a kiwi living in Germany. Am loving your blog!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hi,
    I am new in NewZealand to do PhD in University of Otago. I have now got the option to do my research in Gemany. I am very confused to go for what?
    Any suggestions?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi,
      That with the freindlyness is really offensive to GERMANS, and its not true

      Löschen