Dunedin

Dunedin

Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2011

South Island Trip - ISENZ

Lena: I had a really amazing trip around the South Island in the holidays! Just awesome!
First Katharina and I flew to Wellington to meet everyone there. It was cool to see "old faces" again, most of them we got to know at the meeting in Germany and the two days I spent with them in Auckland. They were all from my organization.
Arrived in Wellington we took the ferry to Picton, back to the South Island. The first day we went to an aircraft museum, which was interesting.
Sunday we had lunch in Nelson at a beautiful beach. Overnight we stayed in Pohara.
On Monday we went kayaking in Golden Bay. Amazing! We saw seals and the weather was just great.
Tuesday we visited the seal colony. This was cool. Seals are so cute animals. The night we stayed in Westport.
The next day we went to Shanty Town for "gold mining". It was funny and in the end everyone had a bit of gold. Overnight we were in Franz Josef. The next morning we had a look at the Franz Josef and the Fox Glacier. They look so cool. The white ice between the green nature:)
This day we also went to Wanaka and had a look around the town
On Friday we went to Puzzling Word. There is a labyrinth and illution rooms. That was fun! Then we went to Queenstown. I love Queenstown!
Saturday morning we went jetboading. That's so fun!!! I loved it! Then we went with a Gondola up to a luge. Unfortunately it was raining. But nevertheless the view was amazing! In the evening we went to a '-5 pub'. Everything was out of ice, even the glasses we drunk of!.
Sunday I actually wanted to go Sky Diven, but it was to windy and so it got canceled. I was so disappointed! I hope I will have the chance to do it sometime...
Next day we went on a ship and looked at waterfalls and the nature. The night we stayed in Teanau. Tuesday we went to Bluff, the place of NZ which is the most in the south. Not that pretty actually!
Then we went to Dunedin. It was cool because we could show the others the town.  Wednesday we ran up Baldwinstreet - steepest street in the world - that was exhausting!
In Oamaru we had lunch and overnight we stayed in a Youth Hostel in Mt. Cook.
In the morning we went on a boat trip to see the Mt. Cook Glacier. Awesome!!!
Then we continued to Chch and had a look at the damage. So sad... Overnight we stayed in Chch. Friday we drove to Kaikoura and went to town. In the evening we went to a waterfall to see baby seals. Lovely! There were so many! Unbelievable!
Saturday -  last day - morning at 5.30 we went dolphins swimming. Highlight! We could swim with about 300! We could even touch them. Just amazing!
After that we went back to Picton to take the ferry to Wellington. Because our flight was just at the next morning we had to stay at backpackers. Next morning we had to say goodbye to everyone. I was sad:( They got so important to me! They were almost like a family for me. Maybe I can see them again if I do the North Island Trip in July.
 The tour was just awesome! Best 2 weeks ever!!! I already miss this time and I will never forget it !! <3

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen